Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wauseon swap, show and races.

Wauseon had fantastic weather this year. Thursday saw down pours for the vender set up but, the rest of the event had sunny skies and temps in the mid 80s. The rain helped keep the dust down but wasn't enough to make things muddy. I found some much needed parts for my Harley JD project. Photos of the parts coming soon. The races were exciting as usual. They had a near capacity crowd on Friday night. This year the Langes and the Walkslers brought out Harley and Indian side car race bikes from the boardtrack era. It was the first time in something like 50 years that these bikes had been on track together. It seems like every year the boardtrack class gets bigger. Almost brings a tear to the eye seeing these bikes race and hearing them run. Speaking of hear bikes run. On Saturday I was in the right place at the right time to hear a 1908 Indian run. Dale Walksler and the bikes owner were discussing the bike as a small crowd gathered. I heard Dale say it was the first time had ever heard a 1908 Indian with a hacksaw engine run. See my pictures of the Indians for a image of Dale, the owner, the bike and the gathering crowd. I now really looking forward to my first trip to Davenport next month. I need to sell some things so I can afford to buy more!

No comments:

Post a Comment