Monday, September 7, 2015

Miami built bicycle. The one I let get away!



I bought this at Davenport last Friday.  I didn't entirely know what I had until I started looking it over closely. The Miami Cycle and Manufacturing Company?  Orange paint?  Same company that made the Flying Merkel!  Jeff Decker was looking it over at the same time and said "John" should see this.  I had no idea who "John" was.  I found a picture of the Flying Merkel Badge I own and started walking towards Jeff"s display.  About 3/4 of the way there I run into Jeff and John.  Turns out John is John Parham!  After talking a bit and looking at the bicycle, John offers me 10x what I paid for it!  I reluctantly said yes.  I have way to many projects, and it would just end up hanging on my basement wall.  This way hopefully it will end up in the National Motorcycle Museum for everyone to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment